< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://fumare.us/" > < meta name="DC.identifier" content="http://fumare.blogspot.com" > <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12407651\x26blogName\x3dFUMARE\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://fumare.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://fumare.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6298351012122011485', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

FUMARE

Law, culture, and Catholicism...up in smoke!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

POLL: Do You Believe There Are Grave Injustices at AMSL?

Time for the next Fumare Poll! (I'm not using the poll that offers the map option, due to people's concerns for confidentiality.)

A preliminary point: Last time, some people criticized my use of Prof. Myers. There was a reason why I used him. I find that the pro-Monaghan crowd often characterizes their opposition in a way that makes it easy to dismiss the opposition's concerns: Often, to the pro-Monaghan side, the opposition is a "minority" or small group of faceless, power-hungry, self-interested "academic terrorists", biased in favor of Michigan, and manipulated by Safranek, a loony mastermind. (As an aside, how did Safranek's reputation get so maligned? For the first couple years of AMSL, he was the AMSL poster boy, beloved among students and administration.) That is why it was important for me to put a name and face to one of the members of this group. It's easy to shrug off the concerns of some disgruntled and irrational law professors; it's a different thing altogether to dismiss the concerns of an intelligent, faithful, and honorable man like Prof. Myers.

Now, here's the new question: "Do you believe that grave injustices are occurring/have occurred at AMSL?"

I use the term "grave injustices" for the sake of brevity, and what I mean by it are the following things: that Dean Dobranski is deserving of "no confidence"; that AMSL is being governed contrary to ABA standards; that AMSL has a climate of "bullying and intimidation"; and that the firings of Profs. Safranek, Lyons, and Pucillo were unjust. This is the professed position of Prof. Myers and Prof. Falvey and some other members of the faculty.

I see 6 possible responses to the poll question. I hope that these responses are fair. (If not, let me know in the comments.) I realize that there may be some overlap between the responses, so please choose the answer that best describes your position.

1. Yes. I have sufficient knowledge of the situation at AMSL and from this, I believe that there are grave injustices.

2. Yes. I do not have sufficient knowledge of the situation at AMSL. However, people like Profs. Myers and Falvey do have knowledge of the AMSL situation; they say that there are grave injustices, and I trust their word.

3. No. I do not have sufficient knowledge of the situation at AMSL. People like Profs. Sonne and Quirk should have knowledge of the situation at AMSL and they haven't voiced any objections. I trust them, and so I conclude that people like Profs. Myers and Falvey are mistaken, and that the situation at AMSL is fine with no grave injustices.

4. No. I do not have sufficient knowledge of the situation at AMSL. However, people like Deans Dobranski and Milhizer do have knowledge of the AMSL situation; they say that there are no grave injustices, and I trust their word.

5. No. I have sufficient knowledge of the situation at AMSL and from this, I believe that there are no grave injustices.

6. I don't know. I do not have sufficient knowledge of the situation at AMSL and I do not know whether to believe people like Profs. Myers and Falvey or whether to believe people like Deans Dobranski and Milhizer.


Free polls from Pollhost.com
Do you believe that grave injustices are occurring/have occurred at AMSL?
1. Yes, and I have sufficient knowledge of the AMSL situation. 2. Yes, I don't have sufficient knowledge but I trust Myers when he says there are injustices. 3. No, I don't have sufficient knowledge but I trust Sonne and he hasn't objected to the AMSL situation. 4. No, I don't have sufficient knowledge but I trust Dobranski when he says there are no injustices. 5. No, and I have sufficient knowledge of the AMSL situation. 6. I don't know, I don't have sufficient knowledge and I don't know which side to believe.   

|