1. New student applications have taken a nosedive, as the administration will not promise applicants that they will graduate in Michigan. The Dean is promising applicants a refund of the non-refundable deposit and a refund of the non-refundable deposit given to an alternate law school. (Tortious interference with contractual or business relationship?)Anyone who still has confidence in this administration is either blind or keeps his eyes wide shut!
2. Approximately one half of the 1L class is considering transferring. (2L & 3L students are not permitted to transfer.)
3. Many faculty are looking for alternate employment.
4. Replacement faculty cannot be found due to the instability of the looming move.
5. All three constituencies under the Dean, the faculty, students, and alumni [through their representatives on the Alumni Board], have formally expressed no confidence in the Dean's leadership.
6. The financial aid office is conducting an internal work-study audit of tenured Founding Faculty member Professor Stephen Safranek in a fishing expedition for dirt.
7. Dean Joseph Falvey has resigned from his position as Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
Law, culture, and Catholicism...up in smoke!
Thursday, April 20, 2006
No confidence in AMSoL leadership, an addendum.
© 2007 FUMARE